God’s Word is the foundation of everything we believe as a church. We believe in the perfection, preservation and inspiration of the Holy Bible.
At Six Mile Missionary Baptist Church, we preach Jesus. Whether it is in a song or in a sermon, it is all about Jesus! We believe that He is the one true Messiah, the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a perfect sinless life, died for all as a sacrifice for our sin, resurrected, is alive and well, and is coming back soon! Jesus said in John 14:6: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” We believe Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven. He is indeed the one true Savior of the world.
- We believe there is one and only one living & true God. He is revealed to us as Father, Son & Holy Spirit, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
- We believe that all of mankind have a sin debt, but that Jesus, the Son of God, died for the sin of all. We believe salvation is available for everyone. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” – Romans 10:13.
- We believe the Way of Salvation is by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” – Ephesians 2:8.
- We believe the Scriptures clearly teach that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection in many convincing manifestations.
- We believe that a true believer is eternally secure. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by self-effort. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. “Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand” – John 10:29
- We believe the New Testament teaches in many places the visible and personal return of Jesus Christ. The time of His coming is not revealed. It is the duty of all believers to live in readiness for His coming.
- We believe Christ’s people should, as occasion requires, organize such associations and conventions as may best secure cooperation for the great objects of the Kingdom of God. Such organizations have no authority over each other or over the Churches. They are voluntary and advisory bodies designed to elicit, combine, and direct the energies of our people in the most effective manner.
- We believe the duty of every Christian and the duty of every Body of Believers is to seek to extend the Gospel to the ends of the earth. The duty of every child of God is to seek constantly to win the lost to Christ by personal effort and by all others methods sanctioned by the Gospel of Christ.
- We believe Marriage to be between Man and Woman only, as directed by the Scriptures. God ordained and instituted marriage as such in the Garden of Eden between Adam and Eve. We believe the Bible gives very clear definition of such matter. “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24